Poland offers a lot of advantages to investors looking towards starting a new business, being one of the most attractive investment locations in the center of Europe. During the economic crisis, Polish economy managed to avoid the global recession and even to score positive growth rates, which creates the perfect environment for doing business.
- There are more than 38 million Polish citizens. The majority of population lives in cities, with about half of the population professionally active (biggest rates of employment can be found in the service sector, industry, construction and agriculture).
- Poland has an area of 312 000 km2 with more than 1.700.000 people leaving in Warsaw, the capital city. Other important cities are Łódź, Krakow, Wrocław, Poznań, Gdańsk or Szczecin.
- Starting a business in Poland is open to everyone. There is an average of 4 easy procedures that must be taken into account by an investor. In general, a new company can be established in 37 days at an average cost of the paid-in minimum capital of 5 000 PLN (in the case of a Limited Liability Company).
- Having a representative office in Poland does not involve the appointment of a new management and does not commit the company to any capital investment. Through a representative office, a foreign entrepreneur can conduct a business on Polish territory, having all right and features of a local company.
- In the last years, the value of Polish goods and services exported to Romania has exceeded 3 billion euros, mainly due to cars, electrical equipment, metal products, food and beverage, plastics and garments.